darwin's theory of evolution
1. The phrase Darwinused to describe his broad theory of
evolution is "descend with modification".
2. all of life is related through common ancestry, accounting
for the unity of life.
3. The diversity of life arises from the
adaptation of species to different habitats over long spans of
4. Darwin proposed for a mechanism for how evolution which he
called, natural selection.
5. two key observation6s underlying natural selection are that
members of a population vary in their inherited
traits and that all species can produce more offsprings
that the environment can support.
6. Darwin interred that those organism with traits best suited
to the environment tent to leave more offspring
than other membres of a population.
7. this unequal reproduction in a population leads to the
gradual accumulation of adaptations to the