Which of the following is a pathway that could be found in a reflex are? Sensory neuron, interneuron, brain, motor neuron, muscle Sensory neuron. interneuron, muscle, motor neuron Sensory neuron, interneuron, motor neuron, muscle Sensory neuron, motor neuron, interneuron, muscle Interneuron's determine whether a particular motor neuron is excited or inhibited. are located throughout the body. connect a sensory neuron and motor neuron. Both a and b
1. The pathway found in the reflex arc is Sensory neuron, interneuron,
motor neuron, muscle.
- An involuntary response to a sensory stimulus is called
reflex and the pathway of neurons involved in the
relex is called reflex arc.
- Sensory neuron contain sensory receptors which
receive signal from the membrane receptors and send it to the
Central Nervous system(Brain and Spinal cord)
- Interneuron otherwise known as Relay
neuron present between the primary sensory neuron and
final motor neuron. Interneuron receives the signal from the
Sensory neuron and send to the motor neuron.
- Motor neuron or motoneuron carries the impulse
from the interneuron and carries it to the muscle.
- Muscle is the effector organ which receives
the impulse from the motor neuron. This results in the muscle to
contract which results in shortening and pulling of the bones as a
result of response.
2. Interneurons connect sensory neurons and motor neurons.
- Interneurons are the cells found in the central nervous
- Once the impulse is received by the interneurons, they act upon
the signal(intergrate,interpret) and carries the impulse to the
motor neurons for a response.